Sunday, July 3, 2011

Welcome to Contemporary Policy Challenges Summer 2011

Hello all,

Welcome back from your hopefully fun and exciting holiday weekend. I am Andrea Mayo, your instructor for PAF 340: Contemporary Policy Challenges. I am starting my fourth year as a doctoral student in the School of Public Affairs. I came to Arizona to pursue my doctoral degree. Prior to that, I worked at a non-profit advocacy organization in Washington, DC called the National Skills Coalition. I have a Master's in Public Policy from Georgetown University and a Bachelor's in Sociology and Anthropology from Colgate University. I have experience working for lobbying groups, polling firms, campaigns, and "On the Hill".

My primary areas of interest are social welfare policy and anti-prostitution/sex-trafficking policies. I also have some substantive knowledge in education, economic, healthcare, and criminal justice policy. Of course, I see many of these policy areas as inter-related, which we'll talk about later in the semester. I'm really excited about this course and using the online format. I hope you are excited to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment